Bootcamp Under Mavericks 10.9.5 ?

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I used to run Bootcamp under Lion and all was OK.

I re setup Bootcamp under Mavericks 10.9.5 a few weeks ago and Windows 7 seemed to run very very sluggish and when open windows where dragged around the screen they left trails behind then, real bad lag.

No matter what I did I could not resolve this issue.

So has anybody else had any issues running Bootcamp under Mavericks 10.9.5 ?

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I could be wrong but that sounds a lot like the GPU driver being used is the Windows default rather than the appropriate one for your GPU. If it were me I would check that and install the driver specific to your GPU if it needs it. Maybe that will help.

Oh, by the way I have recently installed bootcamp/Windows 7 on my iMac running an earlier version of Mavericks, maybe 10.9.2. I forget now. As usual it was finicky getting it installed but ultimately I got it working fine now. Once again it's one of those things where I tried this and that and forget how the hell I got it setup in the end. lol

I guess I am getting old. I fix stuff and then cannot remember how I did it.

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I could be wrong but that sounds a lot like the GPU driver being used is the Windows default rather than the appropriate one for your GPU. If it were me I would check that and install the driver specific to your GPU if it needs it. Maybe that will help.

Oh, by the way I have recently installed bootcamp/Windows 7 on my iMac running an earlier version of Mavericks, maybe 10.9.2. I forget now. As usual it was finicky getting it installed but ultimately I got it working fine now. Once again it's one of those things where I tried this and that and forget how the hell I got it setup in the end. lol

I guess I am getting old. I fix stuff and then cannot remember how I did it.
Thanks for the GPU pointer.

I do that, comes with age I think :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.