bootcamp update problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by pk43king, Dec 25, 2010.

1. pk43king macrumors newbie

Im running bootcamp version 3.0.2. I want to update to 3.2 but it wont let me! I go to update to 3.1 and it says that i dont have 3.0 but i do! I checked the osx part of my laptop and it says that i have 3.0.2. I am currently running on the windows 7 part of my mac.64 bit. Please post some intructions to fix this problem. I also heard that if you insert the discs that came with the mac while ur running windows 7 that you can update it? is that true? if so how do i do it and wich disc. I inserted the osx install disc out of curiosity and all that i saw was install osx and something else i forgot but had nothing to do with bootcamp.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Ah, you probably used one of the methods for installing Boot Camp 64 on a Mac that Apple doesn't officially support, which makes updating Boot Camp a trifle difficult. There should be a similar hack you can use to extract the installer and manually run it - I'm not a Boot Camp user anymore, but you might want to give The Unarchiver a try on the Boot Camp updater file. It can extract lots of self-extracting .EXE archives, which I believe is how Apple packages the BC updaters.