Bootcamp USB drive-less install option gone?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by tamag901, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tamag901 macrumors newbie

tamag901

Hi,

I just installed the OS X 10.11.3 Beta and fired up Bootcamp to install W10, but I just realised that the option to insert the disk image and have it install automatically without a USB key is gone! I was sure I saw the option to do this on 10.11.1 Beta. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Riwam, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

It may sound crazy what I was forced to do.
    After installing El Capitan I missed the previous USB pen drive as an installing media which in my experience worked fine in the past.
    Since I could not succeed with the new BootCamp of El Capitan without that installing media, I had to go around and around! :oops:
    To install Windows I had to erase El Cap after cloning it to an external HD, reinstall Yosemite, use that BootCamp which still has the USB pen drive and after Windows was installed, erase the Yosemite and clone back El Capitan.
    Difficult to believe :eek: but true...
    So if the lack of an external installing media was (not only in my case) the reason of failure to install Windows, possibly Apple removed it in the 10.11.3 beta to allow again a working BootCamp...:rolleyes:
    Ed