Bootcamp USB fix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wereliuz, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Wereliuz macrumors newbie

Hello!

I´m trying to change my info.plist in bootcamp content, but it only says to me that i dont have permission to do that. The one who has permission for read and write is system, but i can´t add myself, and i´m an admin.

Please help me

2. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

Try dragging a copy of the file to your desktop, making the change there and then moving it back to its destination.

If that does not work then you might need to first read up on System Integrity Protection - SIP.

I suggest you make back ups before doing any changes to plist files or changing SIP.

One small typing mistake may send you to the Apple store!
    Since it seems you're a beginner I will give you an additional tip - never ever ever make changes to boot camp partition when running Windows. Always make the change in OS X.

3. priorytools macrumors newbie

Mc…
    May I ask your advice?
    With my 17" i7 MBP,
    can I have a fresh Mac OS , Mavs , Yosemite or El Cap on an external drive. Boot from that & get Boot Camp running on that drive ?

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

No. Bootcamp will not boot on an external drive.

5. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

6. priorytools macrumors newbie

Ok, thanks.
    Thing is I need to run some pc software & I don't want to change my whole mbp drive set up. It's partitioned into 2 etc.
    Isn't there some kind of faux windows app out there ?

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Unless your applications are very demanding, VMWare fusion or Parallels Desktop will likely fit the bill just fine.

8. priorytools macrumors newbie

snaky.
    The pc app isn't demanding at all.
    I'll check those out ?