Bootcamp using Window's Vista, sound very low...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BHome916, Jan 15, 2010.

1. BHome916 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I recently installed windows vista (home edition) via bootcamp on my macbook pro.

Everything is running perfectly apart from the sound. I think it might an issue with the computers sound card. When I plug my headphones into the audio output jack, no sound comes through... it still plays out of the speakers. The sound is audible, but just barely.

What may be causing this? Are there any specific drivers I need to install?

Thnaks

bump

2. jtmx29 macrumors regular

jtmx29

Yeah it seems like you have the incorrect driver. I would check both the chipset driver and the audio driver, assuming they are built in to the motherboard. Vista allows you to search for drivers and usually will find them with ease. Go to Start>Computer>Right click Computer>Properties>Hardware tab>Device Manager. From here you want to click on the driver with a yellow question mark and install with the option to search the internet.

Good luck.

3. BHome916 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely try this when I get home from work.

4. Empyreal14 macrumors newbie

I have this same problem. I'm using the 13" macbook pro bootcamped to windows vista. If you searched this forum well enough there is a solution.

Right click the sound icon at the sistem tray and click sounds.
    then go to the playback tab, click speakers and choose properties.
    go to the enhancements tab and ctick loudness equalization

or go here for a driver
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=720941&page=5