Bootcamp/Vista (32-bit)/iMac network adapter et. al.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dusk31, Aug 13, 2009.

1. dusk31 macrumors newbie

Through tears I hope someone will help.

I have a iMac (3 months old)
    Vista (32-bit) Home Basic

Trying to use Bootcamp. Everything goes well until I try to connect to the internet in Vista. It says network adapter needs to be installed. Went to Device Manager and under Other Devices quite a few are missing with a Code 28.

I have installed drivers as advised from the Leopard disc when setting up. This was a disc that I purchased for my Macbook not what is loaded (I presume) on my iMac. Of course didn't get discs with that.

I am almost pulling my hair out with this so please help.

::confused:

2. minik macrumors 65816

3. dusk31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do that now.

Sorry to be so specific, but where do I drop the file now.

The word newbie was penned for me.

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Put it onto a flash drive from within leopard. And then reboot into vista and run the setup program (double-click the .exe file) off the flash drive.

5. dusk31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Handled that OK. But when installing upgrade into Vista I get an error 2727 message. Any help out there?:apple:

Did a clean install and we are over the 2727 hurdle but still can't connect to the internet. Says network adaptors aren't installed. I connected the modem and computer with ethernet cable and that didn't help either.

Ideas??

6. dusk31 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am now happily reporting that my iMac is functioning with Windows. I finished up re installing my modem. I'm not sure if it is a true fix but it's all working and thats the main thing.

Thanks heaps to those who helped me out, hope I can do the same for someone else in the future.

Cheers
    :D:D:D