Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reshtheory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Bootcamp, Vista, Drivers, and Macbook Pro

Ok, I am still on stuck on Tiger, but I have an install of Vista Ultimate using bootcamp on my computer. Do I burn a drivers cd using the drivers from bootcamp 1.4? I made my partition using bootcamp 1.2. Also, is there a specific process to installing drivers on Vista. If so, can someone link me to instructions or try and guide me through it. Thank you!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Bootcamp, Vista, Drivers, and Macbook Pro

Ok, I am still on stuck on Tiger, but I have an install of Vista Ultimate using bootcamp on my computer. Do I burn a drivers cd using the drivers from bootcamp 1.4? I made my partition using bootcamp 1.2. Also, is there a specific process to installing drivers on Vista. If so, can someone link me to instructions or try and guide me through it. Thank you!

Yes burn a drivers cd or put it on a USB thumbdrive. There are tons of info both in MR, and a quick google search. For example.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/339252/

Then once you installed the drivers, it can be auto-updated within windows.

Also, if you must have windows, get xp, not vista.

reshtheory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
alright, so when i make the drivers cd, do i need to manually install all the drivers, or does it automatically recognize it... i only have a vista full copy, so I can't use XP :( ... if i have to manually install it, can someone fill me in on how? i'm not good with windows... i just need it for work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.