Bootcamp Vista Ult. Freezing up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YsoSerious, Mar 16, 2009.

1. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

I installed Vista Ultimate 32bit via Bootcamp and Its freezing up all the time. I installed the drivers from the Leopard Boot CD and followed the directions through out the install. I also downloaded Vista up dates and MS Office 2007.

2. lapino macrumors regular

Did you install the latest trackpad update? I had the same issue after installing the newest version of the trackpad, try do a system restore to go back to the original trackpad drivers, should fix it.

3. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

If its a downloaded version that you put on a disk it prolly wont work. I also had vista ultimate downloaded and i ran into the same problems. I think it just dosent agree with mac. Xp works fine though

4. dhanchi macrumors newbie

trackpaad drivers

i also have 32 bit vista ultimate on bootcamp - freezes up periodically as well - is there any other way of uninstalling the new drivers (which i downloaded and installed) other than system restore? - my system restore will not work (plus i did the drivers the first time i loaded windows.

5. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I also have the same issue. I've tried Windows Vista Ulitmate 32bit, Vista Business 32bit, and Business 64bit, all of which freeze. The Ultimate version was a disk I bought, and the two business versions are free from my university for download. Tried without drivers, with drivers just from the disk, and updated drivers, all of which would freeze.

6. acurafan macrumors 6502a

rollback the drivers. click on Start, type in device manager, then find the trackpad drivers and right-click and properties and roll back driver.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Although you're able to do updates (Windows update) I wouldn't recommend it. For some reason, updates don't work well with the Apple hardware (if the updates are hardware related). It's basically a hit and miss. Yes Apple is giving the customer an option, they do a poor job in making it as good as their PC counterpart. (Works, but doesn't work well all the time.)