bootcamp/VMware question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kronie, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Is there a way to set it so that when I enter XP (bootcamp partition) from VMware that instead of having to restart windows every time I can just suspend it like you can with just VMware and windows without the partition?

2. Kronie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Anybody?

I'm assuming that because I cant figure it out it cant be done and I need to shut down and restart windows every time I enter bootcamp from VM ware?

3. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

If you are using the BootCamp partition, Windows needs to be shutdown like a normal PC.

A suspend/hibernate won't work, as if your next session was to boot natively into BootCamp, it would instantly crash (as the 'hardware' would be different - i.e. physical vs virtual hardware environment).

4. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

With a physical partition (i.e. your BootCamp installation) you must power-on and power-off each time. It's a safety choice to prevent files from being corrupted when they're "open" in a suspended state and then you boot BC which expects the files in another state.