BOOTCAMP-where did my trackpad settings go?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Imola Ghost, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I just installed Windows 7 on my 13" MBP and loaded the Apple Bootcamp drivers from the cd. Once I got them install I was able to go into the Bootcamp Control Panel and change how my trackpad worked.

Well all of the sudden it's gone! Where did it go, it was there because I changed some settings to allow me to right click and drag but its no longer there.

Ideas?

2. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone know something I can do to repair this?

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Are you able to run the Boot Camp driver install again? There might be a chance that there is a repair option.

4. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

It asked to burn the drivers to a disc before the Bootcamp install happened. So I made the disc and have since thrown it away.

Is there a way to download again or is it located on on of the OSX install discs?

5. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

If you run the Boot Camp Assistant from OS X, you should be given an option to download the drivers again.

6. Imola Ghost, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks that was it but now to see if they'll install and keep all of the trackpad preferences. I'm thinking maybe one of the Windows Update downloads may have removed it somehow. Because as soon as I got Windows 7 installed I ran the Apple Windows Bootcamp support drivers "and then" I ran all of the Windows Updates. It was after that...that I noticed the preferences were gone.

I'll post back with response.