bootcamp: will it expire today?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macman2790, Oct 26, 2007.

1. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

hi i was wondering if bootcamp will expire today, because that's what i've read. Does anyone know if it gives you time to upgrade to leapord or not, i have a student adc membership, and they(customer support) have told me that they have no information regarding that we will get leopard free. I use visual studio and i have a project that i need to get started on soon. Should i go to the store today and pick up leapord? or should i wait it out until the information is released? but if not i will be doing a lot of waiting for nothing. I'm anxious about getting leopard and dont want to waste my money, but i would like to here some opinions first.

My personal opinion is to buy it, but i am having those second thoughts because i would like it for free. I just want to see what you guys think so i will be guided in the right direction.

Thanks.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Boot camp Beta won't expire ,but the install help from apple will .. That's all
    :eek:

3. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

will the beta expire eventually in the near future, (next 2 months or so)?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You can't open the Boot Camp Assistant after 1/1/08.

5. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

Forgot to mention one thing

my membership runs out on nov. 6 of this year.

6. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Not sure the effect it will have on systems with it installed already (I'm assuming nothing) but if you haven't downloaded yet, you're SOL. The download link is gone from the site.