Bootcamp Win 7 BSOD every 5 mins

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vinoth2013, Dec 25, 2013.

1. vinoth2013 macrumors newbie

Hi...Even I am getting this BSOD on my bootcamp...I was using it for few months without any issues but all of a sudden for every 5 mins I am getting BSOD...I couldn't find any help so far...So I just removed the bootcamp and going to install it from the beginning...Plz let me know what might caused this...So that I will be more carefull in future...I use windows only for gaming..

My Mac Details:
    iMac 21.5 inch late 2012 model
    OS X Mountain Lion
    2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

2. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

If the RAM is 3rd party, there is a chance it may be the reason?

3. vinoth2013 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply...No its official apple hardware only...I have not changed any hardware...it is just out of the box machine...

4. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

Are there any suspect USB devices connected? It may be the cause?

5. vinoth2013 thread starter macrumors newbie

I use Logitech mouse and a gamepad connected to it...I was using it for months without any issues...but if I am not wrong I connected my friend's WD external HDD for some file transfers some 10 days back...even after that it was working fine...

6. durruti macrumors regular

durruti

I suggest installing without Gamepad and external drive. After install, you can add those peripherals.

7. vinoth2013 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup...First time did it that way only...For months it was working fine and this issue popped up for past two days...Hope it works fine this time...