BootCamp Win 7 Problems With Detecting Wireless Mouse/Keyboard: 27inch iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rs14smith, Jan 9, 2010.

1. rs14smith macrumors regular

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue with windows 7 detecting your wireless mouse/keyboard?

Mine worked on startup and while installing windows 7, but then after installing the boot camp drivers, it seemed to cause an issue, and the wireless devices doesn't work anymore.

I called Apple Care, and the guy said they would be putting out a driver at the end of the the year 2009. He said the update would appear in the Apple Update program, but now it's 2010, and I have yet to see a new driver update for this.

It's very weird, as again, it was working for a moment, then it just stopped, so I'm thinking it's a driver conflict issue of some kind...

2. DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

I had this problem after I installed W7. It fixed my
    Mighty Mouse and keyboard wireless problem. Hope it helps you.

While you are in Windows:
    1) Switch off the device you want to pair
    2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
    3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
    4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
    5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
    6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

I found that cure posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2057008&start=0&tstart=0