Bootcamp - Win XP (help)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AndreyPavlovski, Aug 26, 2010.

1. AndreyPavlovski macrumors newbie

I want to install Windows XP on my macbook pro using bootcamp, I've never done this before. I don't own the original copy of it, but if I download pirated one, burn it on CD and install it with bootcamp, will it run without problems? I also want to know when I boot windows XP after bootcamping it, my Nvidia geforce 320m and AirPort drivers will be there? Is windows XP will recognize them? I want to play GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS MULTIPLAYER online via WiFi(AirPort) thats why video and wifi drivers are important.

2. mdnz macrumors regular

The pirated version will most likely work, tough this is not recommended because there are usually rootkits or malware in them.

You can install the drivers from your Mac OS X install DVD shipped with your Mac.

3. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Yarr you be sailing in the wrong sea if you fall for those versions.

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Why not installing Windows 7? Even a DVD±R too expensive?

5. AndreyPavlovski thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL!

Windows 7 and Vista eats tomuch RAM, and Windows XP is much more stable version ever. Have you heard about games system requirements? - "Windows XP minimum: 512Mb RAM, Windows 7, Vista minimum: 1Gb RAM"
    (Sorry for my english)

Thanks for help

6. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Windows 7 is absolutely fine on RAM and miles better than Win XP. You can't be serious about using the minimum requirements to judge which is better, serious fail.

7. AndreyPavlovski thread starter macrumors newbie

So GTA SA-MP will run fine on Win7? I heard some people saying that it crashes sometmes...

8. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Anything on any OS will crash sometime, it's the nature of software. Just google around, look on the GTA SA MP forums etc etc

9. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

You could also download the Windows 7 RC, it never stopped working despite what Microsoft said :p

10. AndreyPavlovski thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot a for you're help I'm downloading Windows 7 ;)