Bootcamp Windows 7 Doesn't see mouse or Keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mainemacuser, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mainemacuser, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

mainemacuser macrumors newbie

I installed Bootcamp and then Windows 7 x64 sp 1 on a new iMac 27 with 3 TB fusion and OS 10.8.3. The Windows 7 install went smoothly, i then ran the apple bootcamp installer, and that seem to go OK, but when the system restarted and the windows 7 start screen with the password came up, the mouse light was off, and the keyboard won't work. Tried 2 different keyboards and mice. Rebooting to OS 10 and the keyboard and mice work fine.

I can't enter the password on the Windows 7 start up screen 'cause the keyboard and mouse aren't seen. Before I have to do a complete reinstall, anyone have any ideas???? :confused:

Other people having the same problem

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1509773

It is a bad USB 3 driver that has to be replaced.

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

rather then reinstall i would try a wired keyboard if you can just to log in and check out the bluetooth settings. possibly pair them then try again with reboot.

if you do end up reinstalling dont put in a log in password and leave it blank. that way it will log all the way into windows.

3. mainemacuser thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice but it is a bad USB 3 driver. You have to restart in safe mode and then replace the driver from a download from intel.