Bootcamp Windows 7 Drivers (where do I get em)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fcorry, Oct 29, 2010.

1. fcorry macrumors newbie

We'll after a mamouth effort today which had me thinking that I'd bricked my Mac, I've finally got Windows 7 installing throught using refit, bootcamp didn't want to work with my external dvd drive.

Where do I get the native bootcamp drivers to ensure my mac works properly in Windows mode? Are they on the Snow Leopard disk ? I recall in the past in the past that bootcamp used to make the drivers for you and burn them onto a CD but wasn't able to get past the partition stage, so don't know what the process is?

The graphics driver is the most important, I'm using one of the intel core duo original imacs, so I think its ATI.

Also any ideas where I can obtain a osx tool for managing partitions, I was showing about 5 partitions on the windows install, so would like to clean things up a little?

Thanks for helping,

Fraser

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

The Boot Camp drivers for your Windows partition are located on your Mac OS X disc. Just plug that into your disc drive while running Windows install them. However, Apple did update the drivers from 3.0 to 3.1 so make sure you run Apple Software Update on Windows after you're done.

You were correct that Boot Camp would burn a disc of the drivers on a separate disc but that was on the Boot Camp beta during the Mac OS X Tiger days.

As for seeing several partitions when install Windows, that's normal. Don't touch those. They are releated to Mac OS X and it has different information stored on those partitions. I see the same thing when I installed Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro.