BootCamp-Windows 7 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ethan-1878, Dec 8, 2014.

1. ethan-1878 macrumors member

Hello again MacRumors!

I have been trying to install Windows 7 (Home Premium 32-bit) on my (old) early-2009 MacBook - a white MacBook from the good l' days ;) - but it just wont work. No matter what I do, my MacBook is outright refusing to install Windows. I've tried making a USB installer using BootCamp in OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 - wont work. I've tried making an install USB in Windows 7 (on a friends PC) and that wont work either.

I did get the exact same copy of Windows to boot in Parallels Desktop 10 but it was barely useable, hence the decision to use BootCamp.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I need Windows at the minute for a couple of projects I have running where I need the facilities of the CorelDraw Graphics Suite.

Thanks in advance!

Ethan.

2. cathul macrumors member

The white Macbook does have a DVD drive, right? Tried to use the DVD, because afaik you cannot install from USB if there is a DVD drive present (but i could be wrong here).

3. ethan-1878 thread starter macrumors member

I tried the DVD and... You were right! Sometimes I hate how passive I can be. Thanks for your help!!:D