Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgrif

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Eugene, OR
I have Windows 7 installed on my MBP and can't get my Magic Mouse to work. A Microsoft mouse does work, but I'd prefer the Magic Mouse.
Any ideas?

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I have Windows 7 installed on my MBP and can't get my Magic Mouse to work. A Microsoft mouse does work, but I'd prefer the Magic Mouse.
Any ideas?

Can you get it to discover it at all? Try turning the power on the a Magic Mouse off and on when you search for new devices in Windows 7.

jsuaggie

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
I have a magic mouse and an Apple wireless keyboard. In order to get both to work with windows 7, I had to delete them from bluetooth preferences on the mac. Then I started windows and paired them with Win 7 first. Then I went back to Mac OS X Mountain Lion and paired them again. All is well now. Both devices work in OS X and Win 7 now

DonCarlos

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Las Vegas
Here is what I posted a couple years ago and it seemed to resolve the issue. Hope it helps.

Follow this step by step, while you are in Windows. This also works whether it is a Magic or Mighty mouse and whether it's for W7 or XP.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

I found that cure posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0

jcrenard

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
this works!

I have a magic mouse and an Apple wireless keyboard. In order to get both to work with windows 7, I had to delete them from bluetooth preferences on the mac. Then I started windows and paired them with Win 7 first. Then I went back to Mac OS X Mountain Lion and paired them again. All is well now. Both devices work in OS X and Win 7 now

this worked, thanks!

JDnz

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2014
Here is what I posted a couple years ago and it seemed to resolve the issue. Hope it helps.

Follow this step by step, while you are in Windows. This also works whether it is a Magic or Mighty mouse and whether it's for W7 or XP.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

I found that cure posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread....art=0&tstart=0
[doublepost=1453633640][/doublepost]Hi Don Carlos. GREAT. Thank you for taking the time to share this solution with the world. Whilst a very simple and obvious fix once you know there is the right click option to reinstall the driver, it is a big time waster when you don't. Thank you very very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.