Bootcamp Windows 7 no Network Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Meg707, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Meg707 macrumors newbie

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I didn't see anything specifically like it.

I installed Bootcamp with Windows 7 onto my Macbook Pro running OS X Lion. When I booted up the Windows partition it could not connect to the internet (troubleshoot says the Network Adapter is not properly installed) and there was no way to get back to the Mac partition without restarting/option key.

I thought the problem may be fixed by updating the drivers so I downloaded and installed drivers 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2. There was no change in the network adapter and while there is now a diamond shaped bootcamp icon when I search in Windows, when I try clicking on it nothing happens.

Oh! Also, the right click function on my track pad does not work when I'm on the Windows side.

Thanks for you help!

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Boot Camp 3.0 drivers are meant for Windows XP, not 7. If you're still running Lion, boot back into it and run the Boot Camp Assistant. Uncheck the box to install/remove Windows 7 but leave the box checked to download the support software. Let that run (the download could take some time as Apple's servers are notoriously slow), then follow the directions to copy the software to a USB thumb drive or CD/DVD. Once that is done, boot back into Windows and run the setup from the disk you just created. Let the installer run, then reboot when prompted.