bootcamp windows 7 not loading

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by raycnyit, Jan 8, 2012.

1. raycnyit macrumors newbie

windows 7 was working just fine for me as a bootcamp partition for a long time already (a year i think) and all of a sudden, it crapped out on me, my macbook pro was on the windows 7 pro bootcamp partition, when all of sudden, my macbook seemed to autoshutdown, i just have a black screen, as if its off. I turn it off and then on and select the option button to load windows 7 again and it just shows me the splash screen and stays there for a long time. any ideas how i can fix this issue?

2. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

What year and model Mac ?

I've read quite a few posts that 2007 and 2008 Macs can't use Bootcamp any more after the updating to Lion and updating EFI.
    They will just freeze when selecting an existing Bootcamp partition, or freeze when trying to re-install Windows 7.

-t

3. raycnyit thread starter macrumors newbie

i have osx 10.6.8. which is not lion i don't think. it's snow leopard. I have no idea why my windows partition stopped working all of a sudden as i always have it on the windows partition. weird that i bought a macbook pro but use it as a windows machine.