Bootcamp - Windows 7, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daniel-shi, Jan 12, 2012.

1. daniel-shi macrumors member

Hey guys,
    Im wanting to play windows only games on my mac, so i bought windows 7 and now im installing boot camp.

I open bootcamp installer, place my windows 7 disk in, it partitions well, then goes into windows to install 'windows' after the partition. Thats where i have my problem. (image below)

[​IMG]

i can do every step there but then my computer fully freezes about 2 minutes after it goes to 'completing installation', i cant move my mouse and my keyboard does nothing, meaning i have to reboot my computer, when the installation is not finished so i have an empty partition.

any fixes out there people? anybody had the same issue?

not my first problem with bootcamp,

tyia.

ps my mac in my signature is the one im using.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I can't help you much.

But I think I have the same computer as you do, (upgraded some stuff, but for the rest, the same). And windows 7 ultimate installed fine on mine.

Perhaps Windows 7 just takes a long time? Did you try to leave it for like half an hour/an entire hour? It should automatically reboot once it's done, so there's no harm in leaving it alone.

3. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Are you sure the Boot Camp partition is being selected for the installation? If you are getting that far in the install routine (Completing Installation), the partition should not be empty. All files copied over in step two will be on the install partition, no matter how unsuccessful the remaining steps are.

4. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY