BootCamp: Windows 7 won't install!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LittleKeenBean, Dec 17, 2011.

1. LittleKeenBean macrumors newbie

Yes it's 32bit. But apparently it's a windows problem. It would keep getting hung at "Completing Installation" stuff.

I tried all of the following:
    Plugged a USB mouse and kept pressing a button
    Partitioned using BootCamp, and on the drive select screen I formatted the disc.
    On drive select: pressed "delete", then "new" on the BootCamp partition
    Used a brand new disc
    Fresh install of Snow Leopard

Was wondering if anyone else have different options to try? I have installed Windows 7 on bootcamp twice before on this macbook pro and it worked flawlessly. I am starting to think it might be a hardware interference.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I believe only 64-bit is supported.

If you don't have the 64-bit disc… Unless you absolutely need 32-bit, just download a 64-bit image online, burn it to a DVD and install with your 32-bit key.

Anyways I've never been able to install with a 32-bit disc and when I used a 64-bit disc it worked.

3. LittleKeenBean thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? I'll try it right now and see what happens. From what I know when my Mac came out they said that 64 bit was not compatible with BootCamp.

I bought my MBP July of 2010 and it's only 13" running core 2 duo if that changes anything.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also make sure you're installing from the internal optical drive.

Only the MacBook Air supports an external drive.

5. LittleKeenBean thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't use an external except for storage. Well the 64 bit worked. I was stoked. But then after activation and all that it hangs on a black screen after I choose to boot on the Windows HD. This is what happened with my 32bit that caused me to reinstall Windows. I have no idea..it won't bring me to log in, just black screen.

6. rollsrock25 macrumors newbie

Make sure the CD is burned at 4x.

7. LittleKeenBean thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not the CD. It was able to successfully install once. Makes no sense. I burned it at 2.4x speed just to play it safe but I don't know why burning it slower would mess it up though.