Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsquared2486

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I have searched everywhere I can find but still no solutions.
I have a Macbook running Snow Leopard and have used my Snow Leopard disk to install bootcamp and have Windows 7 up and running.
However, the sound does not work at all and I cannot right click. Some forums suggest things such as downloading Real Tek driver for the sound. I have deleted the Windows driver and installed the real Tek one (high def audio device) 3 times with no success. I have also tried the right click techniques such as 2 fingers on the trackpad and clicking the button, and Fn click and Ctrl click, but still no success.
I did read somewhere that there may be a different version of bootcamp that I should have installed. Is this correct? If so do I have to reinstall everything on the windows side?
Assistance would be really appreciated as I have spend many hours trying to fix.
David

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Have you loaded the Apple drivers (on the Snow Leopard disk).....??

No sound (red light showing in the headphone socket) and no right click sounds like you may not have.

When you are in Windows insert the Snow Leopard disk and navigate to the BootCamp drivers and let them install. After that you download the updated drivers from Apple and then install them too.

dsquared2486

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Still no go

Thanks for the replies guys. I have taken the advice to use a Windows mouse and yes it works!

However my sound problem still remains. I can't remember if i installed the drivers when i put boot camp on but when i select the Snow Leopard DVD in windows and it auto executes it only options are "Remote Install Mac OSX" and "DVD or CD Sharing". I have explored the disk and found the drivers folder but when i go to device manager and try to update the sound driver from the snow leopard disk it tells me i have the most recent one. i have previously downloaded the Realtek device driver as suggested in other posts but still device manager indicates a Microsoft driver is installed. i have even uninstalled the microsoft driver and installed the realtek one but i end up with it saying that it is a microsoft one, it's working fine and it's version is 6.1.7600.16385

Any other suggestions? Beginning to get desperate, may do some self harm soon :)

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Thanks for the replies guys. I have taken the advice to use a Windows mouse and yes it works!

However my sound problem still remains. I can't remember if i installed the drivers when i put boot camp on but when i select the Snow Leopard DVD in windows and it auto executes it only options are "Remote Install Mac OSX" and "DVD or CD Sharing". I have explored the disk and found the drivers folder but when i go to device manager and try to update the sound driver from the snow leopard disk it tells me i have the most recent one. i have previously downloaded the Realtek device driver as suggested in other posts but still device manager indicates a Microsoft driver is installed. i have even uninstalled the microsoft driver and installed the realtek one but i end up with it saying that it is a microsoft one, it's working fine and it's version is 6.1.7600.16385

Any other suggestions? Beginning to get desperate, may do some self harm soon :)

Navigate through (Optical Drive Letter):\Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple\BootCamp.msi

dsquared2486

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Soluton found for no sound macbook using bootcamp

Thanks for all the help. No need to slash my wrists!

I located the drivers folder on the snow leopard disk (I can now right click with my windows mouse). It seems that my macbook (mid 2006) needs the IDT Sigma Tel drivers. All I did was double click on it and restart the machine and voila.

How do i get this message to all the others out there struggling with this problem?

Really appreciated your replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.