Bootcamp Windows 8.1 Screen Resolution Glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nightizm, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Nightizm macrumors newbie

Problems:

When I game I can't get games to run that well on full screen. Since the PPI is so high on my Retina display, games playing on fullscreen like COD Advanced Warfare, are pretty slow. I try to change the video and it just makes the screen tiny with a huge black boarder around it.

Is there anyone out there that's had luck with games and the rMBP? I have the nVidia 750m and it's still an issue. This is on the Bootcamp side.

I try to change the screen resolution and it turns all my icons to the size of my fist.. and when I load the game it still shows up tiny or max resolution, depending on the video settings in-game.

The ONLY way around this is if I plug in my Sony TV through HDMI, but I have to be on OS X side and plug it in, and then switch to Bootcamp. If I plug it in on the Bootcamp side right off the bat, it makes my screen massive. If I plug it in on the OS X side and switch, it transfers over well.

The strange thing is, when I unplug the HDMI when I'm on Bootcamp (when it's scaled normally) my screen turns SUPER tiny.

This is probably all relly ****ing confusing but it's bothering the crap out of me, is there any fixes for this? Or am I just going to have to hope Bootcamp drivers have a better update soon?

Background : rMBP 15' Windows 8.1 OS X Yosemite. Yes I have the correct bootcamp software and yes I have the up to date nvidia drivers.

PLEASE HELP THANKS!!

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

use a 16:10 resolution, like 1920x1200. I run at that res for gaming, and it works very well.

3. Nightizm thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed that too, but it creates a huge black boarder around the picture, and is hard to see. This is with COD.

On mac side everything is good when I play Diablo3 native Mac. I can change it to any size no problem and get increased or decreased results at full screen.

Why can't I seem to keep the size on Bootcamp? To be fair I've only tried it with one game so far. What games are you playing? and have you experienced the black border? Are you using an external screen or not?

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I have the same exact computer and it works fine for me with maybe 20 different games including COD MW2 and titanfall. update to NVIDIA's drivers on their site. make sure the game options are set to fullscreen. you can even change the resolution of windows and see if that helps.

5. freeskier93 macrumors 6502

Windows isn't exactly the best when it comes to scaling and high resolutions. Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalize -> Display and see if adjusting the scaling helps.