BootCamp + Windows 8 + iMac 24" era

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Northwestern, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Northwestern macrumors regular

I know the new Bootcamp-Assistent 5.0 for Windows 8 doesn't support my iMac. I installed Mountain Lion and also Windows 8, but I can't install the Bootcamp via Windows 8. It says my computer model isn't supported. I tried older Bootcamp versions, but they can't be installed either.

I only want the Bootcamp-Button in Windows 8 to change with 2 clicks into Mountain Lion. Is there a solution besides buying an newer iMac? :)

Thanks in advance!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You CAN install Windows 8 on a 24" iMac. It does work - but you have to go 32-bit, and you'll need to use the Windows 7 32-bit drivers from Boot Camp 4.0. 64-bit Windows 8 doesn't work AT ALL.

3. Northwestern thread starter macrumors regular

I have installed Windows 8 64bit. It runs perfect, I also installed all drivers from Mountain Lion Bootcamp, but Bootcamp itself with the little icon, where you can change into OS X can't be installed. I don't understand why Apple doesn't support older Macs for Windows 8. Again, Windows 8 64bit runs perfect for me on my iMac 24", but no OS change button :-(

4. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

I've installed it on my unsupported MacBook Pro. Open the command prompt as admin. Go to the installer folder and run the exe from there. Not the main one, but the other one inside a folder. Sorry I can't remember where it was, my Windows 8 is not near me.