Bootcamp Windows 8 Install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by b00st4ddicted, Jun 25, 2013.

1. b00st4ddicted macrumors member

Hi All,

It's not a big issue, but I would like to know why this is happening. I used bootcamp assistant for Windows 8 install. Went through the whole process, but it doesn't install bootcamp drivers automatically. I did this a few times, and sometimes it does automatically install drivers. What's causing it not installing automatically? Thanks in advance!

2. gpeden macrumors regular

For me, as I posted yesterday about a Win7 install (apple support ended up finding a document about this), it was a matter of using the left USB port for the USB memory stick. Did you try that per chance?

I was on the verge of giving up and sending the new one back and keeping my 2012. Good luck!

Cheers!
    Glen

3. b00st4ddicted thread starter macrumors member

oh wow, didn't know that side of USB port made a difference. i will definitely give that a try. it was really annoying. i am kind of OCD when it comes to clean software installation.

4. b00st4ddicted thread starter macrumors member

tried it again using the left port... still no automatic driver installation. i am doing this starting from windows.iso. any other ideas?