Bootcamp Windows installation/bluetooth problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chriscaines, May 16, 2008.

1. chriscaines macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I really need some advice on my recent 'attempt' to install Windows on my iMac. I completed the installation to the point of which I inserted the Mac OS X disc to install additional Windows stuff, as was told to. Computer rebooted. Now, I can only boot up in Windows, and when it has, my wireless mouse and keyboard seem to have died.

Is there a problem with the installation? Or do the wireless mouse and keyboard not work in Windows? Is the Bluetooth in Windows rubbish?

I'm not quite sure what to do to get this sorted. Perhaps plug in a wired keyboard and mouse?

Thanks,

Chris

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If you plug in a wired keyboard and mouse you should be able to get back into OS X by holding option key during startup, then choosing OS X. Sounds like the bluetooth drivers didn't get installed properly. Try installing the drivers from the DVD again, perhaps with wired keyboard...

3. chriscaines thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Aaron. Typical - had my Mac for near on 5 months now with no problems. My last machine on Windows had me searching for 'help' threads on a weekly basis. As soon as I even touch Windows again... I'm searching again! lol. Whole reason I changed to Mac!!!

Thanks again. Will have to find a wired keyboard and mouse...