Bootcamp Windows installation won't boot

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Muizon, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Muizon macrumors member

Hi,

I'm trying to (re)install (I had a Bootcamp partition on my Mac a couple of times before) Windows 7 on a Bootcamp partition on my MacBook.
    The problem is, I get this error massage when trying to boot the Windows installation:
    "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key"
    As far as I know now, after researching the web, this is because I haven’t put the Windows CD in the internal slot-in drive.
    Now it's the thing that my internal drive is broken since quite some time (as probably most of the slot-ins).
    I tried an external CD-drive, USB sticks etc., didn't get it to work though.
    So I'd like to know if there is some workaround or other way to solves this problem?

I tried to search the web and this Forum but didn't find any solution. If there is one and I didn't find it, sorry in advance, I'd really appreciate the link.

Just some details on my (really old) lady:
    MacBook 4,1
    OS X 10.6.8
    Bootcamp: 3.0.4

I hope I didn't forget any important information, if I did, please ask.

Thank you all in advance

Mui

2. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

Nobody any clue what to do or at least experienced the same problem and had to give up?

3. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

I'll bump this topic one last time, thx for reading everyone :)

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

I can't help but you might get more help if you posted your problem in the "Windows, Linux, & Others on the Mac" section of the forum. Good luck!

5. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

6. Muizon, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015

Muizon thread starter macrumors member

7. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

I'll just bump this topic again a little, in hope to find a solution, thx for reading :)

8. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

Since there is some discussion about Windows 10 right now, I might get lucky and somebody faces the problem too and has a solution, so.... *bump*

9. Muizon thread starter macrumors member

One last desperate bump I guess, thx to anybody who has read this, especially the ones who tried to help.