Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvertreetops

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Hi there,

I have had Windows 7 installed on my new Mac. I was having difficulty with external hard drives. I read on a forum to in Windows uninstall all USB drivers and then they would be reinstalled and fix my external hard drive problems. Unfortunately I think I uninstalled the drivers that make the trackpad and keyboard work in Windows on my Mac. Now when I start in Windows I can't shift the mouse or use the keyboard. How do I fix this?

Details
MacBook Pro
Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB
Serial Number C2QN7030FH00
Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Using Windows 7 on Bootcamp
(attached image is the driver I think I uninstalled from memory)

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.s. If you have any advice about using external hard drives on my mac using Windows in Bootcamp, that would be appreciated too!

Silvertreetops

Attachments

• Drivers.png
    Drivers.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Mr Hildy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
United States
First, plug in an external keyboard and mouse so that you are able to move around Windows 7. Any third-party keyboard and mouse (Logitech with a wireless USB receiver for instance) will do.

Next, go to this website: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macoscomponents

From there, download the latest Bootcamp drivers that are appropriate for your machine. These drivers come directly from Apple.

Once downloaded, open up the driver package and follow the installation directions.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.