Bootcamp (windows support software) problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by crazy$hark, Jul 13, 2011.

1. crazy$hark macrumors regular

crazy$hark

I want to install windows on my mac and when i try to using bootcamp, it asks me to install windows support software from the OXS CD or the internet. I don't have my OSX CD (its halfway across the world) and when i try to install from the internet an error message pops up saying "The windows support software is not available". What can I do?:confused: Is there anyway to manually install it from the internet or can I continue without it (and if I do what will the difference be)?

2. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

i recently bootcamp-ed mac and had the same issue. They must not offer the download anymore, i however had my install disc, do you have a snow leopard disc?? that would work as well.... Im not sure if you could find it online somewhere, google around and see what you can come up with.

As to what the difference will be, if i am correct, if you dont install it right away (choosing you have the disk) Windows wont work properly i dont think. The install disk or support software has the necessary drivers/software to make windows operate correctly on a mac, i dont think you will be able to do basic functionality without it

3. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

come to think of it, i dont think you can find it online, since its specific to each mac i think (why you need YOUR install disc)

although im not 100% positive on some of the details