bootcamp windows vista ultimate graphics

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by waittillnight, Apr 10, 2009.

1. waittillnight macrumors newbie

Hi,

I play Age of Empires iii on Mac OS X and it plays online perfectly with very little if any lag.

I installed winows vista ultimate (32 bit) and play Age of the Empires iii in windows. However, the game lags, usually when there is artillery or ships. Whenever I start the game, it displays the message --- you have a 32 mb video card, the game requires 64 mb to play -- attempt to run or cancel (i do not get this message in mac os x).

I have a 2.16 core duo, 2 gb ram and an intel GMA 950 -- VRAM 64 MB shared system memory video card. I do not understand why I get this message in Windows. Is windows not detecting the video card properly??

Thank you for any and all comments

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you tried the latest drivers from Intel? I'm surprised that it's running to begin with.

3. waittillnight thread starter macrumors newbie

i heard something about allocating more ram to the video card? would this help?

4. waittillnight thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, i seem to have found something that works fairly well. there is still some lag with ships --- but over all the game is running MUCH smoother. (before i don't think the driver installed properly)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2301

go to the link above, select your version and install.

I also think this can help with other games, if you are having issues.

5. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

yeah the latest drivers for windows should help it.. glad you got a semi fix for windows. though if it's playing fine in Mac should stick with it =)