Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midimid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Just bought my first Macbook Pro, the new 13". Issue is absolutely display driver related

I installed Bootcamp, then went through all of the Windows7 install, reboot.
Once in Windows7, I installed the Bootcamp drivers in Windows7 from the OSX DVD, reboot.
All still working fine - I watched a few small updates automatically get downloaded and installed by Windows7, so I then rebooted..

On this last reboot, I see the Windows7 logo, then a black screen where the login screen should be. I KNOW this is a display driver because I can type in my password, hit enter and hear the system login to Windows7. I can also hit the power button and hear it go through the shutdown process. Rebooting again produces the same problem.

Any thoughts on howto fix?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Just bought my first Macbook Pro, the new 13". Issue is absolutely display driver related

I installed Bootcamp, then went through all of the Windows7 install, reboot.
Once in Windows7, I installed the Bootcamp drivers in Windows7 from the OSX DVD, reboot.
All still working fine - I watched a few small updates automatically get downloaded and installed by Windows7, so I then rebooted..

On this last reboot, I see the Windows7 logo, then a black screen where the login screen should be. I KNOW this is a display driver because I can type in my password, hit enter and hear the system login to Windows7. I can also hit the power button and hear it go through the shutdown process. Rebooting again produces the same problem.

Any thoughts on howto fix?
I'd boot into safe mode, delete whatever driver bootcamp installed and go grab the the driver from intel itself, and install it, then reboot.

midimid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
I'd boot into safe mode, delete whatever driver bootcamp installed and go grab the the driver from intel itself, and install it, then reboot.

OK - So I went into safe mode and uninstalled the Intel Graphics driver. Rebooting into Windows now works.

I went to Intel's website and installed the latest driver (Feb 2, 2011). Rebooting showed the same problem. Its weird - I can sometimes even see the login screen briefly, but then the screen "fades" out. Frustrating!

I then re-uninstalled in Safe Mode, rebooted, and reinstalled the previous driver (January something 2011) - same result.

Finally, tried reinstalling only the display driver package from the OSX DVD. Same result.

Now I'm reinstalling the entire Boot Camp installer.

Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.