Bootcamp with academic upgrade possible?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by suspect9, Dec 31, 2008.

1. suspect9 macrumors newbie

Hello All

I can get a copy of vista home premium academic upgrade with sp1. Is is possible to run bootcamp of this version? (I assume you can not)

Thanks

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Is it a full install or just an upgrade? The latter will not work, but the former will.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Needs to be a full copy. You will have to first install a full copy of Windows and once that is up and running fully, you can then pop in that upgrade disk and use it..

4. suspect9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have some strange things about the academic upgrade. You can do a fresh install of vista as a 'trial'. Then you install the upgrade on the disc (basically install twice using difference methods).

Thanks People

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

You do this at your own risk. This could be considered a breach of Microsoft's EULA. An upgrade is just that, means you already have a legal copy of Windows installed and are upgrading (at the cheaper price for the upgrade disk) from the previous version.

Not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know what you are doing could be considered illegal. Of course I am sure this will be debated.. (just foreshadowing) :D