Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottrichardson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Ulladulla, NSW Australia
Hi all,

I have a GeForce 660 Ti which runs really nicely on Mac OS X (no boot screens), but after installing BootCamp and Windows 7, I cannot get anything to show on my screens under native Windows.

If I plug the screens into my old GeForce 120 (came stock with my mac pro) it works fine. I even tried downloading the latest GeForce Experience drivers but it says it's not compatible with my system.

I feel like I'm missing some obvious piece of information about using normal Windows GPU's under boot camp.

Irony = when a windows GPU works in Mac OS X but not Windows?

Scott

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Hi all,

I have a GeForce 660 Ti which runs really nicely on Mac OS X (no boot screens), but after installing BootCamp and Windows 7, I cannot get anything to show on my screens under native Windows.

If I plug the screens into my old GeForce 120 (came stock with my mac pro) it works fine. I even tried downloading the latest GeForce Experience drivers but it says it's not compatible with my system.

I feel like I'm missing some obvious piece of information about using normal Windows GPU's under boot camp.

Irony = when a windows GPU works in Mac OS X but not Windows?

Scott

You need to download the windows drivers for your OS when both cards are in. install. restart

scottrichardson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Ulladulla, NSW Australia
Got it working thanks. Ended up with another problem - ie: Not knowing how to boot back into Mac OS X since I couldn't find a Bootcamp / startup disk control panel in Windows 8. Holding option wasn't an option for me as I run RAID OS X on a Sonnet Tempo Pro PCI Card. Even removing the Windows Disk from my Mac Pro still brought up the Windows boot loader. Thankfully zapping PRAM got me back to Mac OS X! Phiew!

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
Try using BootChamp. It adds a menu bar item that when clicked will allow you to boot in to your Bootcamp drive/partition once. When you shut down from Windows, your next reboot will be back in to Mac OS X.

Asgorath

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2012
I did try that but it didn't seem to install anything useful. Do you have a link to download the correct package?

Link should be in the FAQ thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1440150/) and there's a section that talks about exactly this issue (question 9).

Edit: Sorry, thought you were asking about BootChamp. You definitely want the boot camp package installed, and as pastrychef said you can just create a disk using the assistant app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.