Bootcamp without Snowleopard CD?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by samuellaw178, Apr 6, 2010.

1. samuellaw178 macrumors newbie

Hi,I am new here =) just started using Mac OS recently :D

AFAIK, I will be needing the snowleopard installation cd for the drivers in windows after I finish installing windows(xp). However, I bought this MBP from ebay so it came with leopard cd only but with snowleopard installed on the macchine.

So I am wondering if leopard cd works as well to obtain drivers for the windows?

Thank!!:D

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The Leopard CD will work, and you should be able to download updated drivers once you install them from the disc.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

It'll get you the latest Boot Camp 2.x drivers not Boot Camp 3.x so you won't get the new HFS drivers etc... But it should work fine with XP.

Personally, I'd fork out the $29 for Snow Leopard.

B

4. Mike Macintosh macrumors regular

Mike Macintosh

agreed, just fork over for Snow Leopard, just to avoid bugs.

5. samuellaw178 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guy!!got it working!=) it's amazing! will get a sl soon :D

One more thing though, how can I move files between mac and parallels?Can I just drag on drop between them? :confused:

6. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

just thought that i would chime in here because using outdated driver is not acceptable. you could alway go about buy the snow leopard cd (recommended) but if ends dont meet you can download a torrent with 3.0 drivers and use them for the time being. i was using the 2.0 drivers on my macbook pro for a while and i can vouch that the 3.0 drivers are much better.