bootcamp won't install drivers on new aluminum macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by silversx, Nov 19, 2008.

1. silversx macrumors regular

i've installed xp sp2 on my friend's new aluminum macbook but she can't find her leopard cd.

so i downloaded bootcamp 2.0 online and installed that and also got bootcamp 2.1 update from apple..

but nothing is working.. no trackpad no wireless no vga..

in device manager there's about 6 or 7 items with question marks that do not have proper drivers installed

what can i do? is it a must to use the leopard disk that came with her aluminum macbook? this is the late 2008 macbook that just came out

thanks for any help!:confused:

2. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

You can bring it to an apple store or call apple support because if she has a new aluminum macbook they would KNOW that it came with leopard and might would probably issue a replacement. A lot of the hardware you could probably find drivers for but some things are definitely going to need apple drivers. Good luck.

Lastly, you could find the leopard cd on bittorrent but I think it has to be matched to the make of the machine (macbook aluminum). Not recommended.

3. pscraig macrumors member

For drivers, you should be using the Leopard disc-I wouldn't use downloaded drivers. The new Macbooks use entirely different chipsets and will need different drivers, and the downloadable updates do not look like they have been updated recently for the new hardware. You need the Leopard CD.

Secondly, other than showing you where to find the correct drivers, Apple will not provide any support for Windows. If everything works as advertised in Mac OS, they will NOT issue any kind of replacement.