Bootcamp XP Fusion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Veryold, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Veryold macrumors newbie

I have a 21.5 i5 2011 and installed XP in bootcamp and finding the rebooting was a pain bought Fusion and installed boot camp in fusion. I now have XP twice but it is clearly the same copy.
    I want to have XP in Fusion and delete the bootcamp partition.
    Is it possible to import XP from the bootcamp partition or do I have to reload XP.

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I don't use fusion but it seems like you should be able to make sure xp is completely shutdown ( cleanly ) then using disk utility make a disk image of your xp ( bootcamp ) partition and then import the disk image ... seems like.

Probably a couple of ways to accomplish it and maybe even directly. One alternative is to look it up in the fusion manuals ( doc ) for the release you are running.

3. marikavs macrumors member

XP in VMware Fusion

I'm not much clearer on this than the previous poster, but I have used XP in Fusion, and sometimes still do. It seems to me that what I did was import directly from the BootCamp partition. (I have an original MacBook - 1,1, if that makes a difference.) The reason I (almost) stopped using it that way is that it runs so much slower than when I do a reboot to the BootCamp partition. I'm glad I never bothered to delete it from BootCamp, so that part of the question I can't answer.