bootcamp XP Partition gone dodgy, any ideas...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adjei7, Mar 4, 2008.

1. adjei7 macrumors member

Now if this was a PC, I would have no problem whipping out the hard disk, putting it another computer and running a chkdsk on it, which would identify whichever disk problems I am having.
    However, am not overly sure what to do on my macbook. Don't wanna reinstall the partition as that is too much bother (last resort). I have another virtual windows through vmware (seperate from bootcamp one), but don't know how to access the bootcamp partition to fix the disk through it, and am not sure if the virtual machine would even do the trick if i could access it.

Any Ideas...

2. mmcxiiad macrumors 6502

i have read this a few times.... why don't you start by saying what it is doing - "dodgy" is very ambiguous.

3. adjei7 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I was being a bit vague, but I have solved the problem now.
    It was basically blue screening on me on startup, and not allowing me to get in via safemode or any other way. I managed to dig out an old copy of BART PE that I had around. I forgot to mention that I couldn't find the XP install disk in my earlier post, so couldn't use that to fix it, but Bart PE seemed to do the trick and I was able to identify the errors on the disk and fix them.

Thanks anyway. :)

4. mmcxiiad macrumors 6502