Bootcamp XP - Trackpad SUCKS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by enklined, Dec 19, 2007.

1. enklined macrumors 6502

Anyone else notice how HORRIBLE the trackpad on Macbook Pros (what Im using, anyway) is? Its god awful.

Is there a mouse driver or some app I can download to help me with this? It's literally unusable...

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Odd - I've had no problems whatsoever with the trackpad on my MBP in Windows.....

3. lowball1261 macrumors newbie

trackpad is laggy and a PIA

i bought a new MBP and have switched from win to mac i had first bought the larger MBP and someone told me to return it and wait for the new release which i did. The 17" had the buttons and worked much better than the new buttonless version. I wish i had stayed with the standard style trackpad the new one lags and is taking some real gettin used to.

4. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

did you install the bootcamp essentials that apple gives you to install?
    if not, that would help alot
    insert the first install disk that apple gives you with your mac when in your windows partition. everything you need is there.

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

There are apparently well known issues with the new trackpad (on the 13 and 15" Macbooks) with Windows. Apple's drivers are messed up apparently. I mean of course make sure you're running the newest versions and all that, but I haven't read anywhere that they've fixed it yet.

6. gimmeagoodname macrumors newbie

Yea, I admit the trackpad on Bootcamp likes to jump around a lot. That's why I prefer using an external mouse while on it. Oh, and another thing, don't use an Apple mouse either. ;). AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

8. rumourguy macrumors member

did you check your preferences?

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

just because the trackpad exceeds the crap standards of PCs doesn't mean it sucks.

10. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

They're talking about problems with it-APple's drivers are apparently terrible for it.

I'm more worried about the chipset drivers though. Are the Nvidia chipset systems 100% stable in Windows?

11. Mixu macrumors newbie

Stable windows drivers? Where?

Show me one chipset that is 100 % stable in Windows... :p

For me, the answer is, stable enough. (I've had couple of hard crashes during the 3 weeks I've been using 64-bit Vista Home Premium on late 2008 MBP (unibody).)

--
    MBP 2,4 GHz 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM

12. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Virtually any Intel chipset is.

That's not as bad as some reports I've been reading (multiple crashes per day), but that's still terrible. You couldn't have any crashes at all, unless it's a hardware problem...or in this case probably terrible drivers. At any rate that does rule out the system for me (unless someone's running Nvidia chipset drivers successfully with 100% stability).