Bootcamp XP uninstall ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by UKBeast, May 3, 2010.

1. UKBeast macrumors 6502

I am thinking to install xp with bootcamp, my concern is i do not know how to install it and turn back to the previous point ?

I will only install xp for a few games and after i lose my interest on them I will turn back to mac os and remove xp completely.

1. Will i have any problems with hdd partioning ?

2. If i uninsatll xp completely, can i use the partion xp had been using without reinstalling snow leopard ?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. No, BootCamp Assistant does it automatically.
    2. Yes, you can repartition it back to one, single partition.

3. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

Good, if its turning back to single partion without pain then it is perfect, because we cannot do it in windows. Once we divide hard disk to different partions, you could never have single partion again.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's possible in Windows too, you just have to reformat the other partition and then it can be added to the another one

I think there is option in BootCamp Assistant called "unpartition" or so which makes it back to a single one

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

In Windows 7 you can also expand a partition into empty space using the native tools. So in principle delete second partition expand first should work.

Linky: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2670-partition-volume-extend.html

B

6. UKBeast thread starter macrumors 6502

I know what you mean but it is not being the same as you install it from zero. I think it is doing something in an unnatural way which is not stable and healty. Have tried thoso things many times in the past, they are risky.

I always love clean install, without any single footprint file, traces or even logs..

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sorry, you think wrong. Boot Camp Assistant resizes the partitions (either way) using proper and stable methods. Why would you assume that what you tried to do in the past (and I would guess not on a Mac) would be in any way similar?

jW