Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hotrod351, Mar 3, 2015.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

ok i installed BOOTCAMP and after rebooting i get a BOOTCAMP hard drive icon. but when i go to start up disk there is no windows option. i tried the alt-option key but the BOOTCAMP isnt a option. im sure im missing something.

2. TPadden, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015

TPadden macrumors 6502a

Perhaps booting to the Windows Install CD, or bootable USB thumb drive, and installing Windows to Bootcamp drive or partition ....... not sure what you mean by "installed Bootcamp"?

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Bootcamp is not something that you install, it is a non-destructive disk partitioning utility. In order to boot to Windows you have to install a supported version of the Windows operating system. Also you might get better luck posting in the correct forum.

4. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

well i installed boot camp and a windows 7 iso to a usb flash drive. when it rebooted it said no bootable device. i had hold down the option key to boot on to target disk. i thought with having a windows 7 iso id be able to install windows 7 form it onto the boot camp partition.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Did you copy the ISO to the flash drive or did you let BootCamp Assistant create the flash drive for you?
    The first way -- simply copying it won't work.
    You need to let BootCamp assistant create the flash drive, the flash drive has to be USB 2.0, and it has to be formatted as FAT32 and partitioned as MBR.
    And what kind of Mac?
    If it's a MacBook that came with an optical drive it is not going to install from a flash drive no matter what you do.

6. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i now how to partition to FAT32 but dont know about partitioned as MBR

7. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351