'bootcamping' on the older intel macs?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Shadowspirit6, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Shadowspirit6 macrumors regular

I am just wondering will my system perform slow, since there are better,newer intel macs out now, when I play games on bootcamp? Will i still have good performance on my 1gb ram, 1.83 Intel processor?(im not sure but i think my Mac is the 1st generation of Intel Macs(bought in 2006)

because I am thinking of getting Hellgate:London in the future for bootcamp and maybe call of duty 4 if my Mac can handle it.

2. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

i suspect the greatest limitation will be your graphics card, make sure the drivers that boot camp installs are indeed the most current. i have a first gen intel macbook (core duo) at first i couldnt play supreme commander :( but once i installed this app called "3danalyze" i was able to get the program to lauch and it runs very very well on moderate settings. so if your having trouble running something just keep looking for a solution online and youll probably find one, that 3danalyze is pretty neat. for supreme commander i clicked the "force TnL" box and thats all it needs, i tried it with multiple combinations of boxes checked, and i got different error messages but only just clicking that box all by itself works. go figure. i think there are other programs that do similar things to 3danalyze i just dont know what they are.
    make sure to download that app like any app, from the website of the creators.

3. Shadowspirit6 thread starter macrumors regular

do you think that my processor and RAM can also limit me from playing a few games. I looked at a few games, and some of them like Hellgate said that for Vista i would need 2GB of ram, when i only have 1.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

it will be just like a PC(after bootcamp is installed, correctly), look at the specs the games needs, and see if your Mac meets them, if it does, then play the game, if not, bummer

5. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

yes, its no different at all than PC requirements, since its exactly the same stuff found in other PC's

software cannot tell the difference between a PC and bootcamp, your mac isnt faster or slower than a PC with the same specs

6. AVR2 macrumors 6502

Why not just buy more RAM, as much as your machine can handle? It's cheap at the moment. That's what a PC user would have to do in that situation, after all.