Bootcamping problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by quayzar14, Oct 8, 2011.

1. quayzar14 macrumors newbie

Hey so my school gives everyone the option to get Windows 7 for free. I downloaded it off this site with my friends windows laptop. I went through the downloading and unpacking stages(there was an install step I chose not to do. Then I just copied all those files onto my dvd-rw and put it in my MBP thinking it would work for Bootcamp. The disc has a folder with an .iso file in it and the program that let me download the files and stuff and when I mount that .iso there is all sorts of files in it (autorun and stuff). I can't run any of those files. Bootcamp kept saying that no disc was detected. What can I do to fix this?

2. crimton macrumors member

3. quayzar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I need to mount the .iso then burn it? I just burned the .iso to the disc and bootcamp didn't find anything?

4. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Open the ISO in Disk Utility and burn it from there.

5. quayzar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

In disk utility do I actually mount up the image? or do I just click on the image and burn it?

6. quayzar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I burned the disc and everything was going fine until about 35% through the Windows 7 installation there was an error message that said it couldn't find the required files error code 0x80070570. I'm re-burning the disc right now. Any other ideas?