Bootcamping Win7 on secondary drive, black screen with blinking cursor

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MaxPower49, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I have a 2012 13” MacBook Pro. I installed a SSD in the main bay and a 1TB HDD in the optical bay. OSX is installed on the SSD, and I created a 60gb partition to install windows on the secondary 1TB HDD. My first attempt failed as Windows would not install to a secondary hard drive.

I did some googling, found this guide and used it. Windows seemed to install fine with the primary SSD unplugged. I plugged the SSD back in and rebooted into OSX and that is working fine also. But now, when I try to boot into Windows, I just get a black screen with a blinking cursor. Any idea why that is or how I can fix it? Is it possibly a driver issue? I was not able to install the apple support drivers near the end of the guide I linked to above since I can not get back into Windows now.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Installing ReFit might help.
    Download from OS X and Install, then see if it works.

3. MaxPower49 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got it installed, but when I select Windows from the reFit menu, it takes me to the same black screen with a flashing cursor. Any other ideas?

I'm reading that it could be a problem with the MBR. Not sure how to fix it though. Especially since I can't get into windows at all.