Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

je355804

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Hi I was just wondering if I am able to bootcamp windows 7 by downloading the OS from the microsoft site rather than going to a store and buying the CD...

As to the fact that I currently live in a developing country, buying the CD is impossible... likewise, due to the fact that I'm a noobtard when it comes to MACs I am not able to answer this question on my own.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

je355804

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Hey thanks T... another stupid question... does my MBP have disk burn capability? Sorry for my ignorance...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Yes, with Disk Utility in the Utilities folder

Given the OPs self describe noobtardness, I would suggest to download Burn http://burn-osx.sf.net to burn the image.

I would be concerned that buying from the MS website may be restricted to US addresses and credit cards. So I hope you have a way of dealing with that from your country.

You can still however download the official ISO images for free from Microsoft partners and install and try it out for up to 120 days. You may want to give that a try.

B

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
Open Disk Utility, click on the blank disc in left pane, goto top and select burn I believe and then you can pick the image you downloaded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.