Bootcamping Windows ME

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BlueScreenX, Mar 5, 2008.

1. BlueScreenX macrumors member

BlueScreenX

lol just kidding.... I am in a silly mood today :)

(If you don't find this funny you have never used Windows ME.. and you are lucky.. Its runs like someone took a crap in the windows toiletbowl... and forgot to flush)

2. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Lol, Windows ME is what my father uses... he's very computer illiterate, so I don't have the guts to tell him he's running an even crappier version of Windows 98 (even though ME was released after 98)

3. BlueScreenX thread starter macrumors member

BlueScreenX

roflmao... It is SOOOOO bad..... I would definitely take windows 98 over ME....

Seriously though... If somone bootcamps Windows ME and posts a SS of it I would give them my first born child.......

4. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

You have no idea how freaked out I was when I read the title. Windows ME is the crappiest OS I have ever used. Granted, I had a friend build me a custom PC when I used it and he screwed up with the cooling fan, but with the combination of hardware malfunctions and OS crashes... I saw a blue screen at least 10 times a day. That and it was... just... horrible....

Anyway, I would also love to see a screen shot of windows ME running on a MBP. And to any windows users reading this who have not used ME, you just don't understand the level of suck that windows ME attained. I have to use windows all the time at work, and I have no *real* problem with windows, and I have even had a good experience with Vista. So, you should believe me when I tell you how bad windows millenium edition was. I'm at a loss for words to describe how often that OS crapped on my face.

5. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Windows ME was essentially Windows 98SE with all of the updates applied and a few features carried over from Windows 2000. I have no idea why anyone would ever purchase a computer with Windows ME when Windows 2000 was already available and was much, much more stables.

6. enklined macrumors 6502

Ahhhhhhhhhh hahahaha! Great thread!

I read the title and went "Normally I just troll, but I HAVE to stop this person from making the biggest mistake they could make with their MBP (or any other machine for that matter)"

Good thing it was just a joke :)

7. BlueScreenX thread starter macrumors member

BlueScreenX

Not even shakespear could have phrase it better.

8. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

after a year running it after it first came out i threw the cd against the ground and pissed on it then burned it.

ahhhhhhhh it was sooo relieving.

fing bsod < no computer

9. comptr macrumors 65816

I would upgrade that pc to xp since me is not supported by microsoft and it is danagers to use a os that is not supported anymore since you won't get more updates.

10. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

W2k was originally meant for enterprise use; I don't think Microsoft extended the license to home users until after the Me backlash was sufficiently huge (Vista backlash isn't succeeding in prolonging xp, though).

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, his dad's actually pretty smart for being so dumb. Think about it: would you rather design viruses for the most worthless Windows release out there (and be forced to use it to do so) or for XP/Vista, which people use?

Windows ME is probably the closest Microsoft has gotten to OS X in terms of security.

12. BlueScreenX thread starter macrumors member

BlueScreenX

Windows 2k pro was a pretty good OS. By far the best Windows OS imo. Never had problems with it.

lol.

ME was the "tub-girl" of windows. (dont google that if you don't already know what that is...)

13. chinarider macrumors regular

The only reason to do this would be to run Worms Armageddon w/o the XP patch! :)

14. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

ME is possibly the worst piece of software ever made!

15. PhotoBill macrumors newbie

Too bad you were kidding, I was going to suggest going ahead and installing Microsoft BOB with it... :eek:

16. cobbe1 macrumors member

cobbe1

lol, you got me clicking. :eek:

17. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Security though obscurity isn't.

B

18. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

I am trying to install Win 95 version b on Fusion for ***** and giggles if someone could find me a win95 boot floppy img file. I believe it needs to be a .flp file?

(I also have the original Windows 3.1 lying around here somewhere)

19. conchshell macrumors member

What about Bob?

20. davinche macrumors regular

davinche

The title of this thread has me cracking up. When ME came out I was working as a help desk support person for an IT consulting firm. It got to the point where we would turn away customers running ME who wouldn't downgrade (more like upgrade) to 2000 Professional.

21. BlueScreenX thread starter macrumors member

BlueScreenX

thats awesome........ A program HAS to be bad when you can bring it up in a windows forum and get this much reaction...

22. bamf macrumors 6502

I ran a help desk when that POS came out. That was the worst OS ever...

23. uNext macrumors 6502

Windows me sucked
    mac os 10.0 sucked.

Thank god they are in the history books

24. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

For a second I was like, "Windows ME WTF!!!" Can't believe that some people still use this pos, yes I've seen people still use it lol.