Bootcamping Windows On a 3TB 2013 iMac - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MetzoPaino, May 24, 2013.

1. MetzoPaino macrumors member

Ok, so Apple have added the ability for Bootcamping Windows on 3TB hard drives and I'd like to do so for games. Unfortunately most of the tutorials I can find are work arounds for before this was available.

If you can walk me through the process it would be great.

So I download Bootcamp 5, ask for a 100GB partition, then it asks for a Windows install disk?

So i'd put a Windows 8 OEM disk into my Macbook Pro and use its disc drive: http://www.software4students.co.uk/products/windows-8-full-version

Then it would install & I'd have Windows 8?

I'll use Windows 7 if it's going to be less of a hassle. I'd prefer being on 8, but it seems like buying a full install is hard to find and weirdly expensive?

2. MJL macrumors 6502a

Google is your friend - 3Tb disks require some attention with installing.

http://twocanoes.com/forums/index.p...-camp-windows-7-install-solved-unsupported/p1

----------

1) Market forces at work

2) Microsoft is trying to get everyone onto 8 but reception has been a downer (just my opinion)

3) Many business are only just implementing 7 after being forced away from XP. Don't expect these businesses to move to 8 in a hurry (they have too much invested in 7).

3. MetzoPaino thread starter macrumors member

My issue is that all these tutorials are from when Bootcamp didn't support Windows 8, but that's not the case now so the whole process should be easier?

4. MJL macrumors 6502a

still have the 2.2 Tb issue regardless 7 or 8.

5. MetzoPaino thread starter macrumors member

That was fixed in the Mountain Lion 10.8.3 update.