BootCamps Almost Working Help?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by StreetsMonk, Nov 20, 2010.

1. StreetsMonk macrumors newbie

:(

Okay, here i go.

I'm trying to put Window XP with bootcamp,

the CD is a bit long to load for the installation it's normal?

the installation start. Everything fine.

I gave 32 Gig space for my window so enough to be installed.

I can format everything without problem I also choose the files named (Boot camp FAT32) partition the install and format still go fine.... THEN !

it's restart, If you want to start with the DVD press any key..

First attemp i don't touch anything. = err Disk

Restart

Number 2 Disk errror , you can stop this scan but it is recommand to let it go. Alright man do you'r scan no problem.

Still not working.

Restart again

FINALY ! Window logo appear , *§!?$!?* they tricked me. I have the blue screen not an error one the one for the desktop without anything on it in a resolution weird. and the mouse cursor is like a bit weird.

Restart, Go on mac to see With holding Alt.

Everything look fine but my partition with window is named NO NAME and can be ejected that is also normal?

Thanks for any help. sometimes my english suck so don't hesitate to ask question it's late by here so ...

2. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

Slowwww down cowboy,,,

First a few questions...

What arch version of Windows XP are you using? 32? x64?
    also what release? SP1? SP2? SP3?
    What mac hardware are you running on? Macbook? Macbook Pro?
    and what year of the hardware.

:cool: So... you started the bootcamp installer in OSX, did the default
    install, 32GB partition for the windows install...the computer then rebooted...
    then you saw a message to "press any key to boot from CD...." or something like that... and you didnt press anything... and then it errored.

Ok... first things first...

1. Remove any and all USB devices, especially all hard drives.
    2. insert your Windows XP cd and boot from it. (Reboot your mac while holding the "c" key)
    3. when you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." message press anything.
    4. Install windows to the proper partition (The 32GB partition you created.. )
    format it if you need
    5.Once the install completes you will then see the Windows first time setup.

After that all you should need to do is install Bootcamp and the drivers for your hardware from your snow leopard disk