Bootcamp's Drivers wont work

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jopling, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jopling macrumors 6502

Apple recently replaced my macpro with a newer one and they royally messed up my windows partition so I had to start over. I reinstalled WinXPpro and installed the drivers from the Leopard disc. I have about 20 unknown devices in my hardware panel. Most importantly my wireless and two ethernet jacks aren't working in XP. I tried manually installing drivers for my wireless card, but couldn't find the exact driver (I have the Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.38.35)). I also tried running the latest bootcamp 2.1 install as well and that didn't work. If anyone knows where I can get the exact drivers for my wireless card I think I can just connect to windows update and it can handle the rest. I should also mention I've hardwired my computer to the network as well and windows doesn't recognize that either. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

You need to run the Boot Camp setup from your OS restore disc. Only after that can you install the 2.1 software update. "It won't work" isn't descriptive enough for anyone to troubleshoot anything, which is my guess as to why no one else has yet responded to your post.