Booting camping with Windows now, then with nMP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Luba, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Hi, I am boot camping with Windows 8 now with my Mac Pro. I set it up by buying a Windows 8 System Builder DVD on Amazon. If I Boot Camp again with nMP would I need to buy another Windows 8 System Builder DVD?

Or is there a way to de-authorize Windows 8 on my Mac Pro, so I can transfer it to nMP? I know that's how Adobe's CS 5 Master Collection works, but I couldn't find such a command in Windows 8.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

The System Builder license is technically tied to the original computer it is installed on.

3. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Microsoft will allow you to re-authorize (requires a phone call) a new computer with RETAIL copies of Windows. System builder disks are permanently tied to the first computer that they are installed/authorized on, and you will be unable to re-authorize them on a different computer.

4. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

Thought so :( . . . but I am allowed to do clean installs on that first computer, correct? The drivers for Mac keyboard and trackpad is kind of acting weird, so I'd like to do a clean install as I upgrade to Windows 8.1 (have 8.0 installed)

5. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

Yes you can do a clean install onto the SAME machine.